Sunday, April 12, 2009

Untitled Blog

Little did I know when I closed the store for "Spring Break" that I would lose my Dad. After suffering with Parkinson's for the last few months, his heart gave way while he was sleeping and he died peacefully. He passed away on Palm Sunday. (My son was born one Palm Sunday morning 16 years ago). He died the day after my son's birthday, and I'm so glad it wasn't on my son's birthday. Busy week celebrating my 2 kid's birthdays.... and mourning in-between them. God always has perfect timing because I was caught up with work and put the store on closed-mode and then it happened. He was cremated and my siblings (I am one of six) .. are coming in for the funeral on Thursday. I will be closing the store again on Wednesday thru Tuesday (4/14-21).

Meanwhile we have lots of orders and will get them out as fast as we can. Some of you left notes about needing them for showers, etc., so if you did order something and it is needed quickly, please email me. All orders will ship as quickly as possible.

"And with your final heartbeat Kiss the world goodbye Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side, and Fly to Jesus... Fly to Jesus.... Fly to Jesus and live!"

Me & My Dad
My Sister, Dad, & Me

Dad '08
Thanks for listening. Hope you had a blessed Easter weekend! xoxox --Therese

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. My Memaw passed away 3 years ago on Easter and it's been so hard.

Farmhousefive Art 4 Kids said...

Thanks, Jenny. I'm sorry about your Memaw too.... it's always harder when it happens on a holiday.

Audra, Green Meadow Lane said...

I'm so very sorry that your father has passed Therese, I know you will miss him terribly. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

God Bless,
Audra

Farmhousefive Art 4 Kids said...

Thank you, Audra. It's been rough.

Robin said...

Belated sympathies on the loss of your dad. I enjoyed looking at his pictures here. May you find comfort in God's love during this difficult time.

Farmhousefive Art 4 Kids said...

Thank you, Robin, I appreciate it! Hope Chicago has a beautiful Spring and Summer this year!