Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Canvas Winner is...

Laurie! Laurie won a 20x16 canvas in the theme of her choice. I am waiting to hear back from her regarding the theme she wants. When I finish it I'll post a photo of it here. Congratulations, Laurie!!

It's been a busy week (wait, it's only Tuesday!). I am getting caught up after coming home on Friday. Everyone loves a sale, especially these days with gas prices so high. I know that everyone is really watching it, that is why I am having a lot of sales. Please check the website regularly, you never know if the item you have been looking at will be going on sale.

We had a great week at my Aunt & Uncle's mountain lake home. It was nice to do NOTHING! Mid-July I am flying back home for my High School Reunion ... in Chicago... Arlington Heights. (At the Race Track of all places! Hey, Robin, my only Chicago reader, have you been there before?). I really look forward to it... last reunion (10 years ago) all my best friends and I went in a limo ... that was fun!!



6 comments:

Robin said...

LOL, I was so tickled to see my name mentioned! (hey, I'm easily thrilled - what can I say?)

I have been to the racetrack. You are going to love it there. It's a beautiful place and they've made it a very family-oriented place. We had a family reunion there and ate in the picnic area.

Can I ask which high school you attended?

Farmhousefive Art 4 Kids said...

Hi Robin ... I knew you would be tickled to see your name ... LOL. I had a feeling you would know about the racetrack. I'm glad to know it's a nice place. ;-) I went to Forest View HS in Arlington Heights, but it is no longer a HS. I am not sure what it is now. Do you know? I think it's a business school if I remember.

ed said...

Look at you guys! You look like you had a BLAST! I'm glad you guys had a good time, thanks for sharing the pics! Eloisa

Farmhousefive Art 4 Kids said...

Hey Ed... thanks for your note! I always hesitate in putting pics of me & my family (don't want to bore anyone), but I know always enjoy getting to know other artists and seeing pics of their kids. Have a great summer! Therese

Robin said...

My husband went to Forest View!!

He said they sent troubled youth there for a while and wasn't sure if they still used part of the facility for that. But it's also a technical/business school as well.

I'm guessing you're attending your 20th reunion? My dh graduated in 1981. Small world!

Farmhousefive Art 4 Kids said...

LOL... I wish it was my 20th! It's 30.. LOL! I still feel like I'm 38 years old though. I graduated in '78. Talk about a small world! When I transferred to that school in '75 (from Prospect HS) there was a waiting list to get in so I was really surprised when it closed. Have a great weekend, Robin!