Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sugar Cookies!



Every family gathering this is what is expected of me: Sugar Cookies! Some holidays they are pretty because I took the time decorating them! Some holidays they don't look so cute because I'm soooo tired from the work week. Today I made a batch of Easter eggs and I would say looks-wise, they are OK. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on them.. LOL.... but they will stil be edible! ;-). This recipe was given to me about 12 years ago from a friend. She heard about it on the radio. One of the disc jockeys loved this recipe so much he shared it. Make these cookies and see if you are not the hit of the party! They are very EASY to roll out (no need to chill!) and icing is TDF. (not the dull tasting royal icing here). They don't turn out as pretty as Martha Stewart's royal icing cookies, but I know they taste better! Here's the recipe:

In your mixer cream the butter and sugar, add eggs & vanilla.

2 sticks BUTTER (no margarine, please!)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla (the real deal)


Add dry ingredients:


3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tartar (I know this is what makes the cookies special).
1/2 tsp. salt

Roll dough 1/8" thick. Use cookie cutter to make seasonal forms. Bake for 7 mins. (I check at 5 1/2 to 6 minutes) or until lightly golden brown just around the edges (don't over bake). Makes about 5 dozen 2" round cookies. For frosting combine the following ingredients:

1 1b box of confectioner's sugar
1 stick of butter
8 oz. cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla

No need to add milk (but if you want to just add a tsp, doesn't need it).

Have fun decorating! Post me a comment if you make these. I want to hear how you are queen for the day! (seriously! LOL).





No comments: